Fussy printer
Our printer has seemed fussy all weekend. It often responds favorably when a job is resent using the other printer driver (PCL if you started with PS; PS if you started with PCL).
I posted a sign on the printer itself explaining this. You may need to help students resend their jobs.
Also, keep an eye on the printer queue. I found jobs in there that have been stuck since last Friday!
Here's the sign I posted (sans formatting and cute fairy graphic):
Where?s my printout?
Try selecting the other printer driver for this printer. There are two:
lab_ms\REFERENCE_8150DN_PS
lab_ms\REFERENCE_8150DN_PCL
If one doesn?t work, select the other. Perhaps the printer fairies will favor you?
If not, ask for assistance at the Reference Desk or Circulation Desk ? we?re here to help!
2 Comments:
I checked with Alice to see if there was anything else we could do about this, and she said to check with IT. So I sent a message to "trouble." Will keep you posted.
Rick Fawley in I/O reset something and he thinks the problem is solved now. Let me know if it's not...
Post a Comment
<< Home