Fact Book
There's an assignment that involves use of the college Fact Book so it's being left out at the desk. I have always used the Fact Book online so I mentioned that as an alternative to a student this afternoon and he alerted me than only employees can access the Fact Book online. I went to the web site: http://www.gettysburg.edu/about/offices/ees/institutional_analysis/fact_book.dot and sure enough, when you try to open it, it prompts you for a username and password. I just thought I'd mention it so you know that students must use the print version here in the library.
1 Comments:
Yes, the students in Prof. Bloomquist's class are PEEVED (that's using a nice word) about this restricted access. We do have a hard copy at the ref desk. You, as librarian, could log the student into the online version (but you would want to monitor that somewhat since it's your network login).
Post a Comment
<< Home