Friday, September 26, 2008

Handout

Hi all,

It's been great that we've already had so many music students looking for music resources this semester. The Conservatory is up to about 70 music majors and minors, and the goal is to increase that - double it? - over the next few years. Where are we going to put them? Not sure...but it would certainly mean more and more "how do I find the score to..." type questions for us here in Musselman.

Anyway, I usually do a class for the new Bachelor of Music degree students called "Music Information for Performers." I cover types of scores, finding music to perform by browsing and searching the catalog(s), bibliographies of music, resources to help their performances, etc.

If you're interested, I've left a copy of the class handout on the clipboard. There might be some useful information for reference desk questions.
Cheers,
Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home