More Voting Information
I've gotten two inquiries about voter registration since I've been on the desk and wanted to add a few things to the post that Kayla made Friday.
- Students can register in PA or in their home state. It's probably easier to register here, at least based on what the NH voter I just helped found. If there's a question about whether they are allowed to register here refer to the PA voter guide in the red folder; it's quite clear that PA allows college students to register here.
- There is a sample registration in the red folder. Point out that step #4 asks for street address. There is a list of dorm street addresses in the folder. #5 is their regular mailing addresss.
- The page for voter registration information and campaign information is linked from the homepage with the Gett Out the Vote button. There is a link for info for other states there.
- The deadline for PA voter registration is October 6th.
- If they want to leave the registration at the desk I'll bring it to the voter registration office so they don't have to pay for a stamp.
- Most students will vote at the library at the Lutheran Seminary. There will be shuttles on election day (more details to follow).
Let me know if there are other questions that come up. Kayla will be advertising to the digest in the next few days so we may have more questions.
And here's the history of the party symbols from the Democratic website. The Republican website didn't have any explanation, but if I find something better I'll put it on here. I was just asked by a student for an explanation!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home